We can cater for the requirements of all areas of the poultry industry, right through from the small holder to the large scale commercial operator. We provide equipment to the broiler and the free range layer farmer and have installations nationwide. Over 20 years experience in the poultry industry has given a unique advantage in providing superior quality products with an extremely high level of service.
We offer a comprehensive same day / next day delivery service for parts, chemicals or other supplies.
- Ventilation and Extraction Fans
- Ventilation and Feeding Controls
- Climate System for Egg Stores
- Cooling System for Egg Stores
- Heaters and Lighting
- Duck and Turkey Equipment
- Nest Boxes
- Enriched Cages
- Single Tiers
- Multi Tiers
- Egg Stamping
- Packer / Egg Collection
- Chlorination Systems and Chlorine
PE Services provides a superior range of equipment with the benefit of over 25 years experience within the poultry industry.
Our unique advantage is our complete package supported by an extremely high level of customer service.
Whether you are starting from a green field site, extending or converting, our team can assist with every aspect from planning to the specification best suited to your specific needs.
There are two main types of automated drinker systems used in poultry – nipple drinkers and bell drinkers. We are able to supply both systems, which are usually kept in stock so are available for fast delivery.
Nipple drinking systems are normally suspended from the ceiling of your poultry building using a winch systems. This enables the drinking height of the whole system to be altered very easily. The integrated galvanized perch rail is the strongest of its type and ensures a long life for the system. We are able to offer completely installed systems, fitted by our expert fitting teams.
Please contact us to discuss the best layout for your proposed systems. We can advise you on the quantity you require and the best layout
We specialise in providing flat chain feed systems. We can supply these directly to you for you install yourself and we can offer an installation service. All our components are made from the highest quality materials, with most parts being either galvanised or plated to provide extra protection from corrosion.
The Flatline chain feeder allows a greater flexibility of the feeding system, all the components are easy to install and can be located wherever is most convenient. Accessories can be added at any time so that the system can develop and grow as the need arises. The extremely versatile concept of independent hopper and independent drive unit gives maximum choice when planning the feeding system. The drive units can be attached to the hopper in situations where traditional lay-outs are desirable.
We stock a complete range of chain feeder parts and accessories, including powered drive units, corners, feed cleaners, flat chain and just about every part you may need.
To form a complete package we can also supply a range of feed bins and flexible augers.
We are agents for Munters – Turbovent Agro and Microfan, we supply simple and user friendly ventilation systems. These companies have been heavily involved in continual product research and development and as a result are some of Europe’s leading providers of ventilation and control systems today.
We provide effective ventilation systems, which are simple and effective. Often ventilation systems, particularly in the free-range sector, can be unnecessarily technical and complicated.
Our systems are cost effective and have been proven successful in ensuring high quality air and suitable temperatures for bird welfare.
Whether you require natural ventilation or powered ventilation we can assist with the calculations and provision of all the equipment you will need. We also have a highly experienced team of electricians to install all the equipment for you.
Ziehl-Abegg (Kuenzelsau, Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany) is one of the leading international companies in the ventilation and drive technology sector with matching control technology.
We have used the 800 series supplied by Ziehl-Abegg for many years now. We have found that the reliability and performance of this fan is superior to any other fan currently on the market. PE Services manufacture their own chimney shaft specifically to suit the 800 series fan.
We have designed the extraction system around using larger fans and therefore reducing the number of fans required. The 800 series fan capacity is twice the 630 fan capacity with an approximate energy saving of 60% based on cubic meters per hour of air movement
PE Services are the Irish agents for Agrologic. Agrologic continues to be a world leader in the development and production of climate, feeding and weighing systems for modern poultry and pig raising. The Agrologic control units regulate and control all the vital functions in your production. We collaborate closely with our customers and as a result are constantly developing new solutions and improvements so we are always one step ahead.
By adapting controllers according to our customers needs we are able to provide a reliable, cost effective system for all your needs. By improving our systems we are able to help the grower increase their profitability. User friendly controllers are an important factor and all our controllers are designed with this in mind.
We are able to provide innovative control systems to measure and control numerous parameters which are important for the grower, carbon dioxide, ammonia, humidity, temperature, water consumption, feed consumed. Please contact us to discuss what you require and we can tailor a solution for your needs.
For more information on AgroLogic products see our list of brochures you can download
Misting systems have a number of beneficial uses within the poultry unit.
- Rapid temperature control during periods of intense heat
- As a means to administer medication such as pro-biotic materials
- Also as a means to administering disinfectant when cleaning out the poultry unit
The system consists of high grade stainless steel piping with heavy duty misting nozzles which are fixed to the internal roof or walls of the poultry unit. A high quality misting pump, CAT Pump or similar is mounted on a frame with an integral filter system and dosing pump. A timer can be added to automate misting if required.
High Performance Indoor Climate Control: 10000 BTU Per Hour Wall Mounted Air Conditioner provides air conditioning and heating with no external unit or refrigerant pipework required.
Heaters and Lighting
PE Services are agents for HATO Agricultural Lighting www.hato.lighting: HATO Agricultural Lighting has more than 40 years’ experience in providing lighting solutions for the agricultural sector for the agricultural sector. Their leading position has been built on knowledge and expertise about how light affects animal behaviour and well-being.
Every poultry application has its own needs: HATO offers application specific lighting solutions:
- Layers: Optimizing the light climate improves the performance of layers. Light encourages the layer and regulates its biological clock and biorhythm. It stimulates the feed intake and the layer’s behaviour and contributes to the layer’s welfare.
- Broilers: Light is one of the most important external stimuli for broilers.
Light influences the uniformity of birds in the poultry house. The optimal distribution of the birds contributes to a good layer of litter and reduces health and welfare problems. Light stimulates activity as well as stimulating feed intake and conversion, and mortality. The range of vision and the ability to exhibit natural behaviour are, to a certain extent, dependent on light spectrum and intensity.
- Breeders: Light is an important factor in breeder management, for both layer breeders and broiler breeders. An optimal light climate is essential for maintaining a high level of animal welfare, health and production. Light controls the day and night rhythms, egg production and the behaviour of breeders. An optimal light climate is needed to help the breeders get the very best out of their environment. Broilers and layers both produce a different end-product, and they require a specific light climate.
- Rearing: During rearing, good management and housing lead to good growth and sexual development. Lighting is an important tool for managing this process and crucial to create the very best conditions in the house.
- One of HATO’s products is the CORAX: Click here to get a video impression of it
Through extensive research and consultation with the gas and poultry authorities the new Sierra range continues its reputation as the leading manufacturer of high efficiency brooders. Developed through the application of advanced technology the units meet the requirements of both large and small scale growers throughout the world heat When Required – Sensitive controls provide accurate monitoring and maintenance of the heat balance ensuring flocks meet their full growth potential.Heat Where Required – The unique conical emitter and shallow reflector have been designed to maximize the brooding zone and heat the background area efficiently whilst maintaining the highest fuel efficiency
Years of Low Maintenance – The robust construction designed with maximum tolerance to poultry house atmospheres combined with stringent quality standards ensure the equipment delivers years of reliable service
Our poultry expertise also includes equipment for duck and turkey production.We have specialised duck slats which best suit the particular characteristics of ducks, feeding systems and drinkers, coupled with ventilation and heating equipment.Our range also provides for turkey production with feeders, drinkers and associated equipment to suit.Our experience allows us to provide equipment for new builds or conversions. We will assist with the design, supply, installation and the after sales service required to run a profitable enterprise.
PE Services offers a comprehensive range of equipment for laying hens.
Organic Egg production, Free Range egg production and commercial egg production, there is a system suitable for your production requirements.
Enriched cages, muti-tier aviary systems, flat floor systems, PE Services has the equipment
Our range includes nest boxes, slats, feeders and drinkers right down to egg packers and egg stampers, even air-conditioning units for your egg store and pallet trucks! We are your one stop shop for egg production.
- Commercial Layers
- Free Range Layers
- Single Tier Nest Boxes
- Multi Tier Nest Boxes
Designed under the strictest quality criteria with one sole objective: to provide the birds with the best environment to obtain the best production results. The ZUCAMI vertical battery is designed so that its materials are very much like Meccano, requiring no screws, hooks or staples to be assembled.Mesh floor, hot galvanised then welded or cold galvanised and laminated. More dense mesh is used in the area where the birds gather ensuring greater comfort and safety, avoiding leg and claw injuries.Flexible, uniform and solid surface for quick exit of the cleaner eggs free of breakages. Galvanised tubular legs inside each panel giving solidity to the overall battery.Dividers in green, giving greater tranquillity and less stress in the bird compartment with openings to contribute to maximum interior ventilation.Easy access, door fitted with simple and safe lock (unique in the market). When opened, leaves the whole front area free, facilitating the handling of the birds without harming or hurting them.
Flat Floor Nest Boxes Volito and Gent
AVINEST is a comprehensive range of fully automated nests. Specification levels are very high for all the nests in the AVINEST range, including:
- Variable speed controls for all egg collection belts
- Separate motors and controls for each belt allowing individual use
- Perforated Astroturf nest pads to allow all the dust and muck to fall away – to ensure cleaner eggs
- Nest floors which raise up at night to close the nests, keeping the hens out of the nest in order to keep the nest pads cleaner
- Individual lifting mechanism for each nest floor set, to maximise reliability.
- Interior lights in every nest and on each level, with a time clock and dimmer control, to help attract the hens into the nest.
- The entire nest is a very substantial construction and made to last.
- The design makes all our nests very easy to clean and keep possible insect hiding places to a minimum.
AVINEST is a strong and simple nesting systems which is designed for longer life with years of trouble free use.
The standard single tier system boasts a variable speed egg belt operated by a foot switch for complete control of egg collection.
To minimise potential damage to eggs, there is an infra-red light switch which will stop the belt automatically when the eggs reach the end of the belt.
Bird exclusion is achieved using automatic lifting nest floors, controlled by time clock with a manual override facility. An extremely strong steel rack and pinion system is used to ensure complete reliability.
Automatic lighting within the nests with dimmer control is standard on all nests.
The nest floor material, normally perforated AstroTurf, is removable to permit easy end of flock cleaning. The AstroTurf is placed on a wire mesh floor, which means that all the muck and dust can fall through, resulting in cleaner eggs.
The egg collection system used on our two-tier nest is simple, effective and unique. Curved mini conveyors bring the eggs to one level providing a seamless and smooth transfer. A variety of customised collection systems are available for both our own and other nest makes.
A choice of front or rear rollaway nests are available, with both of these also available in two-tier format. A number of specialised nests are available for unusual poultry house sizes, with the high capacity single tier, and the half two-tier wall stack formats being very popular.
The AVINEST range comprises of fairly well every nest configuration you might want.
- Single tier, front roll-away (egg belts to the outside of the nest)
- Single tier, rear roll-away ( egg belts in the centre of the nest)
- Two tier, front roll-away
- Two tier, rear roll-away.
Laying Nest – Van Gent CE
The Van Gent CE nest series are equipped with an automatic expulsion system, which ensures that the hens are removed periodically from the nest. This prevents fouled nest and broody hens. The nests are free of draft because of the use of an air tunnel. The nests are made of high quality materials. Different depths and formations are possible. Depending on your house and needs: the laying nests are available in ½ row (wall-formation), 1 and 2 tiers. When necessary the nests are also deliverable with available living area. Optional delivered with plastic side walls: Easy and fast installation in combination with a unique shift and slide system. One depth available.
The Farmer Automatic Combi is a highly flexible aviary housing system for layers. With its numerous combinations, the system can be used as an open or closed version to suit individual needs and can be adapted to changing market requirements. The system’s intelligent design features promote maximum egg quality. Combi is also available in the Combi Plus version with the same properties and benefits. The two versions differ in terms of width in order to accommodate different building dimensions.
Advantages and Benefits
Optimal Care of your Livestock
- Each tier of the system is equipped with feed troughs, drinking lines, and nests. This ensures short routes and convenient access to all supply units. The feed chain is made of wear-free and durable steel to guarantee a fast and uniform feed mix and distribution.
Excellent Egg Quality and Maximum Yield
- Intelligent features that prevent cracks, breakage, or soiling of the eggs boost both egg quality and the percentage of marketable eggs.
- Short routes and easy access to the nests minimize the number of system- and floor-laid eggs. Egg soiling is prevented by the nest expeller* that locks the nest at night to prevent soiling of the nest and nest mat.
- Good nest acceptance is a prerequisite for excellent egg quality. The slight slope of the floor grating offers two advantages.
- All system-laid eggs roll directly onto the egg belt, removing the need for time-consuming manual collection. The Farmer Automatic patented EGGSAVER ensures that the eggs roll slowly and gently onto the belt.
- The second benefit is that the immediate transfer of eggs to the belt protects them from pecking, which noticeably increases the percentage of marketable eggs.
Well-being and High Standard of Hygiene
- The Combi aviary housing system promotes the wellbeing of the livestock and contributes to a high standard of hygiene. For example, the egg belt has a top cover* with a smooth surface that prevents dust and dirt from sticking to it.
- In addition, floor grates are available with a virtually self-cleaning PA/polyamide protective coating* that reduces the accumulation of waste on the floor and ensures a bright, pleasant environment.
Low Operating Costs
- Simple management procedures save time and help to minimize labor costs. The system’s compact design with its very low overall height makes work easier. Identical equipment on all tiers ensures excellent visibility and easy monitoring of the livestock and the system. Additionally, the slight slope of the floor grating saves egg collecting time, since system-laid eggs automatically roll onto the egg belt, eliminating the need for time-consuming manual egg collection.
- The low profile enables the installation of a second floor on top of the system, which means you can double the livestock population, while complying with applicable local regulations. This also keeps staff overhead and capital outlay low.
- The components of the Farmer Automatic Combi aviary housing system are designed for a long service life and low maintenance requirements. Critical functional components of the system are hot-dip galvanized, a process that provides excellent protection against corrosion and extends the service life of the entire system. Farmer Automatic’s unique roller-guided manure belt system is designed for reduced roll resistance, which requires less energy to operate and reduces wear on the belts and drive components, particularly in longer installations.
PE are agents for Nuovo and can supply stampers based on the volume of eggs being packed. The units are adaptable to most egg packer systems.Nuovo egg printing systems manufactures printing systems for the marking and coding of eggs. This is done by ink jet egg printing or egg stamping. Nuovo egg printing systems delivers stand alone egg printers and egg stampers but also delivers egg printers and egg stampers for installation on farmpackers or grader.
High capacity egg printing systemCapacity: 24’000 Eggs per hourAutomatic stand alone printing system using 5 print headsPrints 1 or 2 lines
- Solid stainless steel construction results into a long lifetime
- Selector switch: 1-8 to print text, position C to clean nozzles
- Selectable amount of ink (50% or 100%)
- Tested and approved ink, suitable for eggs
- Perfect print quality because each print head adjusts itself to each individual egg height
- Different texts, letter types and logos and different automatic date functions
- Size of the printfield: height: 4.2mm, length: 25mm
- Main supply: 90-250VAC, 50/60Hz
- Option: Software and communicationcable for programming with PC/Laptop
- Optional: Buffer roller belt 3 or 6 trays, Mobile frame(stainless steel)
- Manual egg stamp
- Fixed imprint
- Imprint size 15 mm by 15 mm
- Stamping pads exchangeable
- Ink reservoir refillable
- On Farm Egg Stamping
PE Services supply a complete range of machines and equipment for egg handling and grading. Our machines have been designed to provide production facilities with a high degree of flexibility and efficiency.
We are agents for Staalkaat and Simetek and can scale up or down to match your requirements.
Farm bio-security is a set of measures designed to protect a property from the entry and spread of pests and diseases. Farm bio-security is your responsibility, and that of every person visiting or working on your property. If bio-security measures are not followed, we spend more time and more money in trying to solve the disease when it does appear.
Disease prevention is an essential strategy for poultry producers. It is much more beneficial to the birds and to the commercial poultry producer to prevent disease from occurring rather than to rely on treatment. The agents which sound bio-security practices attempt to prevent include “bacteria, viruses, protozoa, fungi, parasites, and any other agents capable of introducing an infectious disease into a poultry flock”.
PE Services offer disinfectants for General Purpose i.e. foot dips and sanitizers as well as Opticides for inside the Poultry House.
We also have available Bio-security Mats which were designed during the 2001 Foot and Mouth outbreak and are used extensively in outbreaks of Swine Flu and Bird Flu
Chlorination Syatems and Chlorine
Numerous scientific studies strongly support the use of chlorinated water in the context of a valid food safety system as the most effective means to reduce and control the level of contamination of poultry meat and poultry meat products.
Water is a vital nutrient, it is essential to the poultry to soften feed in the crop, it aids digestion, it is a building block for blood and lymph (immune system) and also for evaporating cooling when heat stressed. Although water is essential for the growth and performance of our flocks the quality of it can be over looked and the effect on performance greatly under estimated. The majority of water except distilled will contain impurities due to the nature of the water cycle. Consequently any factor that might alter water quality (bacterial content, PH, nitrogen levels, hardness, mineral level) could directly impact water consumption or the bird’s ability to utilize the consumed water.
PE Services offer Chlorination Units to suit flock/house size and Chlorine products. For a free consultation call the office on 353 49 4379144
Biomass Chicken Litter Boiler
PE Services has developed an efficient and reliable on farm solution for sustainable utilisation of chicken litter.
A Biomass Boiler has been developed for the combustion of chicken litter and other biomass materials to levels directed by the local regulatory authorities.
Hot water is made and is distributed to the poultry unit providing a controllable, sustainable and highly efficient means of providing heat.
A complete technical solution has been provided, from material handling, material screening and delivery, combustion, heat distribution, ash removal and information provision.
The benefits of such a system are significant to the poultry industry
- Eliminate use of fossil fuels on farm
- Significant cost savings to each individual farm (€60,000+ per annum on an average sized farm) – more profitable farm enterprise
- Improved on farm bio-security
- Reduced transportation costs for litter removal
- Improved bird welfare – reduced carbon dioxide levels
- Better air quality for the farmer and birds
- Sustainable approach to energy generation and control of litter
Ongoing parameter measurements taking place in conjunction with the Department of Agriculture and Food and the EPA.
PE Services continues to undertake innovative research and development within this area and all aspects of poultry growing. Our collaboration includes Enterprise Ireland, InterTrade Ireland, Dundalk Institute of Technology and Queens University Belfast.