Oil & Water Separators
- Pollution Control Equipment
- Bypass Separator
- Full Retention Separator
- Washdown and Silt
- Separator Range
- Car Wash Silt Trap
- Forecourt Separator Range
- Alarm Systems
Oil Spill Kits
Oil & Water Separators
Surface water drains normally discharge to a watercourse or indirectly into underground waters (groundwater) via a soakaway. Contamination of surface water by oil, chemicals or suspended solids can cause these discharges to have a serious impact on the receiving water.
The Environment Regulators, Environment Agency, England and Wales, SEPA, Scottish Environmental Protection Agency in Scotland and Department of Environment & Heritage in Northern Ireland, have published guidance on surface water disposal, which offers a range of means of dealing with pollution both at source and at the point of discharge from site (so called ‘end of pipe’ treatment). These techniques are known as ‘Sustainable Drainage Systems’ (SuDS).
Where run-off is draining from relatively low risk areas such as car-parks and non-operational areas, a source control approach, such as permeable surfaces or infiltration trenches, may offer a suitable means of treatment, removing the need for a separator. Oil separators are installed on surface water drainage systems to protect receiving waters from pollution by oil, which may be present due to minor leaks from vehicles and plant, from accidental spillage.
Effluent from industrial processes and vehicle washing should normally be discharged to the f
oul sewer (subject to the approval of the sewerage undertaker) for further treatment at a municipal treatment works.
PE Services are agents for Klargester, Ireland’s market leader in off-mains drainage and sewage treatment plants.
Klargester manufactures a wide range of pollution control equipment that PE Servicescan also supply including:
- Stormwater Attenuation Systems
- Grease & Silt Traps
- Oil/Water Seperators
- Rainwater Harvesting
- Garden watering System
BioDisc® is a Registered Trademark of Klargester Environmental
Bypass separators are used when it is considered an acceptable risk not to provide full treatment, for very highflows, and are used, for example, where the risk of large spillage and heavy rainfall occurring at the same time is small, e.g.
- Surface car parks
- Lightly contaminated commercial areas
Full Retention Separators are used in high risk spillage areas such as:
- Fuel distribution depots
- Vehicle workshops
- Scrap Yards
This unit can be used in areas such as car wash and other cleaning facilities that discharge directly into a foul drain, which feeds to a municipal treatment facility. If emulsifiers are present the discharge must not be allowed to enter an NS Class I or Class II unit.
- Car wash
- Tool hire depots
- Truck cleansing
- Construction compounds cleansing points
Car Wash silt trap is designed for use before a separator in carwash applications to ensure effective silt removal.
- Galvanised heavy duty cover
- Light and easy to install
- Maintenance from ground level
The forecourt separator is designed for installation in petrol filling station forecourts and similar applications. The function of the separator is to intercept hydrocarbon pollutants such as petroleum and oil and prevent their entry to the drainage system, thus protecting the environment against hydrocarbon contaminated surface water run-off and gross spillage.
British European Standard BS EN 858-1 and Environment Agency Pollution Prevention Guideline PPG3 requires that all separators are to be fitted with an oil level alarm system and that it should be installed and calibrated by a suitably qualified technician so that it will respond to an alarm condition when the separator requires emptying.
- Easily fitted to existing tanks
- Excellent operational range
- Visual and audible alarm
- Additional telemetry option
PE Services supply and fit Wash Water systems for the following –
- Car Wash
- Truck Wash
- Plane Wash
- Train/Tram Wash
- Bus Wash
Suitable for all types of vehicle washing machines on the world market
90 % Fresh Water savings with our recycling system
Water treatment “without chemicals” by using an electrical – physical principle
Capacity : From 30 litres/min. To 1000 litres/min
Minimum Maintenance Investment (2 times per year) Max. 60 minutes per maintenance
No consumable materials (chemicals, filters,…)
PE Services can supply mobile oil separators to deal with oil spills on groundwater, roads rivers and lakes.
PE Services provide Mobile flood protection walls – River embankment Industrial and municipal object and area protection.
Our flood protection walls are made of aluminium alloy for the application for fixed walls, or mobile walls and they are designed for easy and simple installation and dismantling.
The system essentially comprises sections formed by aluminium columns and the stop planks in between. Each section is in accordance with the local requirements between 1.0 and 6.0 m long, but all stop planks of one wall unit will have the same length so that no confusion is possible, when the stop planks need to be installed.
For the wall we recommend a RC foundation with recesses for the anchors, which we will provide. Replaceable floor sealings, column sealings and stop plank sealings made of UV resistant material will be provided. The sealings will be held by the positive hold profiles of the stop planks and the columns. No glued joint sealings will be allowed!
- Easy manipulation and installation because of the low weight of the aluminium dam bars
- All components are designed symmetrically and possess a clear assembly position, hence an extensive training of the responsible personnel isn’t necessary.
- A special seal in the lowest dam bar is able to compensate ground unevenness up to +/-15 mm.
- The pressing of the dam bars and the special seal is done by the same adjustable clamp at any flood height.
- The end columns which are fix installed are protected by covers. This ensures that they are protected against damages and environmental influences.
- We can offer also a special storage system for the mobile flood protection components. This ensures an extension of the lifetime of the components, because seals are relieved and contact corrosion is excluded.
Range of applications:
- Approach roads – Gateways Railroads
- River walls – Increasing and improvement of the existing protection standard
- Block up of – Traffic routes, sidewalks, underpasses, etc.
- Protection of flood threatened – Roads, areas, lanes
- Entrance areas – Front doors
Rainwater harvesting is joining popularity in the Commercial sector due to water charges and environmental considerations. Rainwater is perfect for use in vehicle washing and the wash down areas as well as toilet flushing. PE Services are specialists in Commercial Rainwater harvesting systems and will assist you to design, supply and install an effective rainwater harvesting solution for your business needs.